Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One Little Word 2013


Happy New Year!!!  Well it's that time again...time for me to choose "One Little Word" and try to live by it for the year. Last year my word was "up". I did pretty good with it and I am really proud to say we are up and well this year. Now it's time to move forward. 

This years word is: 
as·pire-intransitive verb \ə-ˈspī(-ə)r\

Definition of ASPIRE
1: to seek to attain or accomplish a particular goal

I have many things I would like to "aspire" to. I aspire to be a better mom, wife, designer & friend. I aspire to do more to help those in my community that need help and to be an all around better person.  I know I am a good person...don't get me wrong but we all have room for improvement in our lives and I really want to help make a difference in others lives. We are finally at a place where I feel like I can donate some of my time to help out in our community more.

I also aspire to really find out who I am as a designer. I don't feel like I have a specific style yet. I am kind of all over the board. I have realized these past 8 days, with a cast on, how important my stamping and creating really mean to me. I really want to step up to the plate and find out who I am as a designer and try to get this little business of mine off the ground. I want to grow as a designer, try for more magazine calls and design teams. These are extremely personal goals and I aspire to be the best that I can be this year.

So that's it in a nutshell. Do you do "one little word"? Did you know that Ali Edwards started this years ago all by herself and now thousands of people have followed suit. I love to read all the words people chose when she posts them. You can read about "one little word" here.

May you all have a blessed, healthy and prosperous year.

Best wishes and hugs,
Michelle  

   

 

2 comments:

Tina said...

Sweet Michelle, I know you will accomplish all that you want... Hugs.

Renee V said...

Sounds awesome, good luck with all of your aspirations this year!!