Friday, December 28, 2012

I suck!

Het everyone! So sorry for the long, very unplanned hiatus. I cut my finger doing dishes back on Dec. 4th, got a tetanus shot and had a severe allergic reaction. i had a 5x7 lump in my left arm and was struggling to create.

Two weeks later I fell down my neighbors steps and landed on my stomach on the concrete. I was covered in road rash and i bruised many ribs. I was a mess and still dealing with the lump in my arm from the shot.

Then Christmas came far too fast. I made a ton of cute stuff and forgot to photograph all of it before I gave it away.

I was raring to go the day after Christmas. I had so much I wanted to make and share. I was soooooo close. I had 10 dishes left to wash when a glass broke while my hand was in it spinning the sponge. I did some pretty bad damage to it. I have 30+ stitches inside and out. I hit a tendon and my hand is now in a splint cast until I see the surgeon on Monday. Unfortunately, I won't be stamping for quite a while. I am heartbroken. :(

I am going to try to scrapbook using nothing but my Silhouette...we'll see how it goes. I can barely feed myself as I am right handed and it's my right hand that is all bandaged up.

Typing sucks so blogging is a challenge also.

I hope you all have a safe, wonderful Happy New Year! I will be back as soon as I can!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR

8 comments:

Tina said...

Dear Michelle, I am so sorry for all of the bad news. I really wish you a speedy recovery. I wish you and your family safe and happy new year.

Lisa said...

Dear lord, you've had a time of it lately. I'm so sorry to hear all of this. Clearly, you're not meant to do dishes. So I command you to stop from now on, forever.

You have my sincerest wishes for a HEALTHY New Year, and I hope you're back to new real soon!

Barb said...

Oh, Michelle! I'm so sorry that you have had such a horrible month of accidents! Here's my suggestion - at least for the dishes - USE PAPER PLATES!! :) Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending lots of hugs! Here's to a much better new year!

Renee V said...

Wow, such a run of horrible luck!!! Wishing you a better start to the New Year!!!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

I stumbled upon your blog by accident...I'm so sorry to read about all the issues you are struggling with. I'm sending you healing vibes and lots of good wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Leslie Hanna said...

What a sukky December. It can only get better, right? Hey, practice getting better left-handed. My son broke his collar-bone when he was young and had is right arm in a sling. He took up the yo-yo with his left hand, and to this day can only do it left-handed. :D

ThePurplePlace said...

Oh My....that's all terrible and sucky news for sure!!

I'm very sorry to hear that you hjae had such a hard time lately and will HOPE that you can heal without the addition of surgery!!

When it rains, it pours and life can really and truly challenge us at times.

Hoping for a much healthier and happier 2013!!

Take care Michelle,
Lis

Dawn Darlene said...

Hope you get better soon! So sorry to hear what happened.