Saturday, December 17, 2011

Blessed.....

I feel truly blessed tonight and humbled beyond words. I have been the recipient of some of the most amazing random acts of kindness & love between yesterday & today. Today proved to my children that just because a big fat man in a red suit doesn't come down our chimney (or in our front door)doesn't mean there really isn't a Santa Claus. Santa Clause in my eyes means "Christmas Magic" I truly believe it's the time of year when miracles happen. When each child came to me at one point or another and asked me if I believed in Santa my answer was just that..."I believe in Christmas Magic, Santa is part of that. You must always believe in Christmas Magic because miracles can and will happen".

Today showed them that by believing in Christmas Magic that wonderful things can and will happen. My motto to them has and always be "if you don't believe...you don't receive". They witnessed that today due to the kindess and caring of total strangers and friends. Today sheer joy, bewilderment and the true sign of belief & relief showed on all their beautiful faces. It made both them and I realize how very lucky we are to have such AMAZING people in our lives.

Today helped reinforce the morals that I try daily to instill in our children... by being a good person, even when the chips are down and you feel so broken, you still must show the world that you are there for the long haul and treat every person the way you want to be treated. I tell them that if you do good then good things will eventually come to you. It's been a hard lesson to prove to them lately. It's been a struggle to get through many days lately. It's been so hard to show them that life is going to get better, that it won't always be this way. That we are in a very rough place right now but we have no where to go but up. I try to make sure they understand that they can't let this rough patch define who they are. That we must be the kind, caring people we have always been. That if we are good...good things WILL come. Many people in my life, some who showed themselves and others that did not, helped me teach my children that invaluable lesson today. It showed us all that there are kind, loving, caring people out there and that we should NEVER take that for granted.

I feel truly blessed today. I had not one ounce of Christmas spirit until yesterday when an amazing act of kindness started a ripple effect in my life that has left me with tears of joy all day. I don't remember the last time I cried so many happy tears.

Blessed. That is what we are.

Thank you to anyone and everyone who had a hand in giving my family hope and a sense of peace this holiday season. I can't ever thank you enough for the joy and peace you have brought to this woman's heart. Bless you.

May all of you have the merriest Christmas this season has to offer!

God Bless!!!

xxxooo

Michelle

No comments: