Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Card Camp Creations week

poppy card

I'm back. I am sorry for the absence. After knee surgery my life has been completely backlogged and with the kids finally on summer vacation life has been crazy. I spent the entire day today preparing blog posts for the week and I am hoping to have another week loaded with inspiration and that give-a-way, I told you about, coming up in the next 2 weeks. I just need my knees to cooperate. They are extremely swollen and I can't sit at my desk for long quite yet. I am getting there though.

This card was made for the Summer Card Camp that Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner did. I was totally inspired by Card Camp. I never got to post during it because of my knee but I did a lot of creating after surgery. So all week I will post the cards that I made during recovery.
To start this card I used the Poppy Stamp by Hero Arts, I stamped it with Versamark then used white embossing powder. I used regular markers to color it in. Jen shows you how to blend them seamlessly in the class. I used some Pebbles paper and then some twine and a button with the shank cut off to finish it. I haven't put a greeting on it yet. I thought I would wait until I knew exactly what I wanted to say when I send it out. I do that sometimes. It was a very easy card and it came together rather quickly.

Thanks for stopping by. If you didn't take the Online Summer Card Camp they are offering it as a self-paced course at a discount!!! I urge you to take it. It was AMAZING!!! Go to Jennifer's blog for all the details!





1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm so glad you're posting your camp cards now, Michelle! Love the way you used these colors! Such pretty paper and your poppies are colored beautifully! Hope your knee heals quickly! :)