Monday, August 8, 2011

Bonus post....Sun fun....

fun in the sun copy

sun fun tag 1

Sun Fun tag 3 copy

I was going to wait until later in the week to post this but I got a few free minutes to get it photographed and posted today so I figured why not.

I used the new frame set from Hero Arts. I first used Distress inks to create the water background on the top frame. I cut a piece of paper in a waved shape and used Stormy Sky, Broken China and Tumbled Glass to create the waves I stamped the the clouds over it in the Tumbled Glass and then stamped the frame in a lime green chalk ink from Colorbox. The bottom frame was done similarly to the top but I used grass instead of water. I used Studio G stamps to create the BBQ scene.

For the main background of the card I used the cloud stamp again in Tumbled Glass and then I used the Wood Grain stamp on the bottom using the technique Shari used over on the Hero Arts blog last week. (You can see it here)

I created one more frame added 2 more Lawn Fawn stamps on it and then some letter stickers.

It seemed really very simple in my head but really was a lot of work in the end! lol Oh well, live and learn. I will be doing a simplified version for the remainder of the invitations.

Have a great rest of the day!!!

Supplies used:




2 comments:

Barb said...

Love it, Michelle! So creative and worth the effort! It's adorable!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Super cute card!!