Sunday, July 31, 2011

Poppies.....

poppy card
I love these Hero Arts Poppies. I had originally made this card for the Online Card Camp that Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire had done. I never got around to photographing it or posting any of my cards due to my surgery so I wanted make sure to get them up now.

I started by using Versamark on my stamp and then embossing it white. I used regular markers to color them in. I used the technique that Jen showed to blend regular markers instead of using Copics. The girl is uber creative and you really should go to Summer Card Camp to learn all the techniques they taught. Totally inspiring. I had bought my son a really nice marker set a while back, it had amazing colors in it and I find myself reaching for them often.

I trimmed down some of American Crafts papers and then attached with a bee button and some twine to finish it off. I haven't added a greeting to it yet though as I haven't liked anything I have tried. I'll keep at it and I am sure it will have a greeting soon.

No comments: