Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pawsome Christmas

Hey! Today I am here sharing a card that was inspired by Jennifer McGuire. Usually when I get in a rut (like I have been) I turn to others for inspiration. I go to Pinterest, blogs, old magazines etc. Inspiration is everywhere. Some times it works, other times not so much. This time....it kicked my mojo into HIGH GEAR!!! I have been on a card making binge.

Here is the Video that Jen did that started my mojo, and here is my card:


In her video, Jen used the Halloween set by Simon Says Stamp. I didn't have that set but I did have the Pawsome set. I used a Memento Dew Drop to ink up the stamp and left the neck portion of the stamp (the part with the collar) blank. I used a black marker to draw in the neck after.

I used Copic Liner and a ruler to add the lines and the lights to the dog....we are calling him Boomer after my menace of a Golden Retriever. ;)


I stamped the card both horizontally and vertically. I like them both, so I went with it. I used a Hero Arts tree and left it empty to emphasize the puppy with the lights. I have a feeling Boomer is going to do this to our tree this year.  I colored the dog, lights and tree in with Copics.



I die cut the title out of some Red Velvet Paper that I bought at Michael's and then I added some Wink of Stella to all of it!

So simple.  I urge you to try to stretch those stamps, take inspiration from someone and run with it. It really helps kick that mojo in.  Just be sure to credit whomever inspired you! ;)

Have a wonderful day.

Michelle

Supplies Used:



1 comment:

Leslie Germain said...

adorable card! Love the tree and the puppy!!!