Thursday, April 25, 2013

Celebrating ABNH & Simon Says Stamp

HELLO!!! Today I am back with 2 cards that I made for A Blog Named Hero's month long Birthday Bash Celebration! This week we have teamed up with the FABULOUS SIMON SAYS STAMP!!



Heidi at Simon Says Stamp is one of the most generous people I *know* in this industry. She sponsors more give-a-ways around the www and has the BEST stamping store out there hands down. Without her generosity A Blog Named Hero would not be able to offer the change to win a $25 gift certificate to her store every challenge. That's $50 a month she sponsor's us for. That is pretty dang AMAZING!!!

To thank her I made not one but TWO cards to share with you today. I used the same stamp set from Simon Says Stamps Exclusive Stamps on both cards.

First up a Thank You card to thank her for all she does:

I started by cutting 10 strips of different washi tapes down to 1.5 inches. I kept the widths they came in and I used a ruler to line them up and adhere them. I used some scrap cardstock to put over the center and then I stamped the Hero Arts CL651 "My Favorite" on a piece of white cardstock, cut it out, added a little bit of Copic coloring and some stickles. To finish is off I stamped the flower from the SSS exclusive Stamp set  Flower friend a couple of times, cut them out, layered them and attached with a pop dot.

Here is a close up of the thank you stamp by Hero Arts and the flowers in the SSS exclusive stamp set.

Next up:
I absolutely LOVE the flowers in this Flower Friend set. I first stamped the background with Hero Arts Thank you definition stamp in soft gray and then  arranged a bunch of the flowers from the SSS set on an acrylic block. I inked it well with Hero Arts Splash Chalk in and rotated it as a stamped it a few times. I masked of that 2" strip so the flowers wouldn't go inside. I added the sentiment which also comes in that Flower Friend set. Isn't is just gorgeous? I love the fonts they used.

To finish is off I used some Hero Arts Orange Soda Mid-tone ink to stamp the scallops that come in the Flower Friend set too....are you starting to see how incredibly versatile this one stamp set is??? WOWZA huh?  I finished it by using my white Gelly Roll pen by Sakura...hands down the BEST White pen i have EVER used and I have owned every one on the market.

That's it for me today. I am off to enjoy some wonderful Spring weather. How about you? Before you head out to the sunshine please stop by A Blog Named Hero to see what the other girls did. Fabulous stuff I tell ya!


Supplies used for Thank you card:






Supplies used for Just Because:




2 comments:

Lin said...

Love this monochromatic beauty, Michelle!! Don't you love this stamp set?!

Leslie Germain said...

Two beautiful cards. Are all those flowers stamped? WOW!!