Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Colored Chalk...Wish Big

HI! Today I am sharing a card that I attempted last week. It uses the new chalkboard effect that is so "in" right now. I don't usually follow trends...I usually do them when they are starting to wane but I love this technique. I had been looking on Pinterest and saw some really cool colored chalk items. I thought I would try my hand at it.

Chalkboard birthday wish

I am not really happy with the way it came out. I think the next time I will use a thinner brush to smear the water color pencils. I distressed the background by smearing white Colorbox ink on it and then wiping it off with a baby wipe. Then I stamped my images in White colorbox ink and traced them with a watercolor pencil. I smeared them with a brush dipped in water. It was fun and simple but I don't think my pencils were sharp enough and the brush was a tad too wide. It looks more "smeared" than I wanted it. But that is what I love about this hobby...you learn something new every day.

I hope you have a fantastic day!

Michelle





2 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

I think it came out cute Michelle....I've been wanting to try this too but still have not! :) xo

MS said...

I have yet to try this technique too. I like how you added the color :)