Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Believe with Hero Arts

Hi all,

I am back today with the reveal of the 2 sneaks that I posted yesterday. It's a new Challenge week over at A Blog Named Hero. This weeks challenge:


I had 2 cards up this time...
Believe

This first card was created with my Silhouette and the Hero Arts shape called Ornate Snowflake. I made modifications to it so that it would only cut the center of the image out of the card. Then I sent it back through and traced the outside only with a sketch pen. I then filled it in with Star Fall Stickles. I like how the ink bled a little on the edges to give it a melting snowflake effect.

For the "BELIEVE" button on the ribbon I stamped the new Hero Arts/Basic Grey Aspen Frost Believe stamp onto a shrinky dink in Indigo Island by Stampin' Up! then punched it out with my Fiskars punch and then shrunk it. I love how it came out! I may have to make some more of those. I love to watch them shrink! :)

Here's the close up of it:

believe 2

The next card was really simple, really fast and I love the results.
Warmest wishes

I stamped the swirly dot in an old ink pad that I have that is Hero Arts Soft Stone. It's one of the earliest versions of this color and it is gray vs the bluish gray it is these days. I have had this stamp pad for over 10 years...and it's still plenty moist! You really do get your money's worth with Hero Arts! ;)Then I stamped the Dot snowflake border in Distress ink's Broken china. For the inkadinkado snowflake at the top I stamped it in Broken China and then the Indigo Island from Stampin Up! I love how these two colors work together.

That's all for today. Please make sure to go by A Blog Named Hero and check out the other DT's cards. They are PHENOMENAL plus there are two very talented guest designers!

Don't forget to enter the challenge! You can win a $25 GC to the Fabulous Simon Says Stamp just by entering a qualifying card!



I can't wait to see what you guys make. I am always on the lookout for CAS design ideas! ;)

Cheers!
Michelle










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are both so gorgeous Michelle! Love the glittery snowflake - so stunning :)

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE LOVE the blue around the snowflake!
SHRINKYDINKS!! who would have thought:)