Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wedding Wishes.....

Hi everyone! I am back today with a couple of wedding cards. I make sampler packs and donate them to lots of charity auctions. It's my way of making a contribution to those who walk and raise money for these amazing causes.. I did a huge sampler for the Avon 3 day charity event last weekend and at the same time I did another set of cards for Suicide awareness/prevention...a fundraiser near and dear to my heart. My son's best friend committed suicide. It was tragic and awful and we miss him so much. He was a staple at our dinner table. His mother has connected with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. She does an incredible job of raising funds for the Out of the Darkness walks. If you would like to donate to either of these causes you can follow the links at the bottom of this post.

Over the next week or so I will be sharing all the cards I made. I made 20 cards total...2 of each.

Wedding wishes rose

I started with a piece of watercolor paper. I stamped the Fabulous Flourish in Versamark and then heat embossed it with the Hero Arts White embossing powder...best white on the market! I then stamped the Old Letter Writing over it in Distress Brushed Corduroy I then took a baby wipe and wiped some of it off. I then misted it really well with Perfect Pearls. It's so shimmery in person. I distressed the edges and then inked them darker with the Brushed Corduroy. I stitched it down with the sewing machine. The ribbon comes with lots of extra material. I trimmed it down and used some Fabric clue to adhere it. I stamped the leaves and colored them in and then attached the flower. Finished it off with the sentiment.

This card was done the exact same way but I found a rose button in my stash and used an organza ribbon in light brown to make a bow.
Wedding wishes bow

For Pete's Sake--Suicide prevention

Avon 3 day--in it to end it




No comments: