Monday, October 17, 2011

Guest Joy Taylors visits

Good Monday morning all!!! Today I am so excited to share my guest designer with you. She's an incredible designer and she is just the sweetest, kindest, most caring, giving person I know. She is always there for a good laugh or a pick-me-up and I am so very blessed to be able to call her my friend.

Joy has been a Hero Hostess over in the Hero Arts Flickr Group, she has done some great videos for the Hero Arts Blog and her own blog, she is on design teams for Jay Gee's Nook, Simon Says Stamp and Purple Onion Design. Please be sure to check out her blog, there is just so much incredibly inspiring stuff over there.

I was thrilled when I saw this card. I can't get over how real that leaf looks. Just amazing!!! The burlap adds just the right amount of texture with the embossed background. Just layers of goodness on this card. Makes me look forward to Autumn.

joy

Here are Joy's instructions:

TAKE KRAFT CARD STOCK, TRIM TO SIZE AND RUN IT THROUGH THE CUTTLEBUG EMBOSSING WITH THE DISTRESSED STRIPES FOLDER, INK AROUND THE EDGES WITH BRUSHED CORDUROY.

TAKE MORE WHITE CARD STOCK AND ONE OF THE LEAVES FROM THE REAL LEAVES STAMP SET, INK THE STAMP WITH BARN DOO, RUSTY HINGE AND BRUSHED CORDUROY, MIST WITH WATER AND STAMP ONTO THE CARD STOCK, HEAT SET AND APPLY MORE OF THE INK OVER THE TOP USING A FOAM BLENDING TOOL, TO MAKE THE LEAF LOOK MORE REALISTIC.

TRIM A PIECE OF BURLAP AND ADHERE TO THE CARD STOCK ALONG WITH THE LEAF.

TRIM A STRIP OF VELLUM AND STAMP A SENTIMENT ONTO THE VELLUM WITH VERSAMARK INK, EMBOSS WITH WHITE EMBOSSING POWDER, ADHERE TO THE CARD STOCK, ADDING GEMS EITHER SIDE OF THE SENTIMENT.

FINALLY ADHERING THIS TO THE FRONT OF A TRIMMED WHITE CARD.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Thank you to my sweet friend Joy for joining us today. If you have made anything that was insired by our Haunted Fall Happenings I would LOVE to see it. Link me up!!! :)

I have a fun project to share tomorrow. See you then!






2 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, how fun that Joy is featured here today, Michelle! Love her work and I am also one that is grateful for her friendship! Gorgeous card form her today! Amazing leaf!

Jill said...

Couldn't love this more! Joy is so sweet and talented - so happy to see her featured on your lovely blog! HUGS!