Friday, October 28, 2011

Guest Designer...Mary Dawn Quirindongo!!!

Hi everyone!!! First let me say that I had a blog post that should have gone up on Thursday. I scheduled it to go up and it didn't. I came and hit publish and it never came up...not sure what happened to it but I will post it on Saturday because I am super excited to share today's' guest with you!!!

She is talented and funny and makes cards that make me swoon, her videos are great and she has the best voice!!! I just want to meet her in person and make her talk forever. She has been published numerous time in Paper Crafts Magazine & Cards Magazine. She is also stamping Royalty.. The one, the only....Mary Dawn Quirindongo...other wise known as My Pink Mexico.

Mary Dawn is on the Clearsnap design team and does incredible work. You must check out her blog My Pink Mexico. She also sells for A Muse and you can get to her online store via her blog. Please stop by and leave her some love!

We are so lucky today, Mary Dawn made us not one but TWO fabulous cards. I just love them! This first one is just awesome. It's a discreet Halloween and I love that!

008

this is what Mary Dawn has to say about her first card: "the first card is made from PTI rustic cream, girl's paperie toil and trouble patterned paper, stampendous jumbo cameo cling set, a retired cc designs set for the sentiment, girl's paperie clear stamp set for the bat and the text underneath and a girl's paperie charm, the die cut label stampin up, the inks are colorbox pigment in espresso and i colored in the flowers and frame with colorbox stephanie barnard die in the orange (tangerine, maybe) and i colored in the frame and did my distressing with colorbox archival dye in putty (coffee house queue at simon says has this color)"

I love the spider charm, the torn paper, the stamped frame on the patterned paper and the bat that is just so discreetly there. I think it's just a fabulous, classy Halloween card! I was so excited when I saw it.

Her second card is magnificent too!
010

here is what she has to add about this card: "The second card is PTI rustic cream cardstock with patterned papers from the girl's paperie toil and trouble as well as embellishments and stickers from the collection, no stamping, but i did distress with colorbox archival dye in putty. A few of the items in the toil and trouble collection, including the stamp set, are still available at Simon Says Stamp"

I love how she didn't use any stamps. I struggle with that. I always seem to need to stamp. I really have to learn to step away from them sometimes. I love the combination of patterns and who doesn't love those pinwheels? Love this!!

Please stop by Mary Dawn's blog and say hi!!! My Pink Mexico

Thanks so much for coming by. It's gonna get crazy here in Salem very soon. I'll be back through the weekend with the rest of our Haunted Happenings!!! Are you ready for Halloween yet? Have you carved your pumpkins? We are doing ours Saturday Night. I hope you have a fantastic Friday.

3 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

thank you, my friend :) i'm so happy to have been invited

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Woo-hoo! I <3 Mary Dawn and all her work, and yes, yes you DO need to meet her in person. She totally ROCKS!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Mary Dawn is awesome. LOVE the romantic side to the first card & the layout of the second one is fab!