Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I scrapped!!! Finally!

I am back and I couldn't be happier!!! I have missed my blog and my online friends. Life has really gotten in the way of my crafting and I felt lost. But it's over and I am back!!! So lets get right to it shall we.....
U @ 13 complete
My Minds Eye is one of my all time favorite paper companies. I own a ton of their paper...they are up there with Basic Grey and the very, very missed Scenic Route. I really wanted to use this silhouette paper and I thought it would look nice paired with a photo I recently took of my son while we were on a whale watch. I wanted him to know how great a kid I think he is @ 13.

I did a lot of paper layering and I used my Silhouette with some print and cuts from the Silhouette store and I also used this kit from Kerri Bradford. I love her stuff. I love it. I crave it. It's an addiction. I miss seeing her over at the Silhouette blog. Her designs are to-die-for so if you haven't been to her blog go visit it. She has so much freakin' talent it's unbelievable. Love her stuff!

The photo is mounted on the folder from the above kit. I used my xacto knife to cut some of the silhouette flower on the MME paper to use to hold the corner of the photo. Inside the folder is the notepaper, also from above kit and I journaled this on it:

Thirteen...I had dreaded this age with you for so long. I had been through it with Brenden and had a rough go of it. I was in no hurry to go back there...but you have proven all my fears wrong. Thirteen has been such a joy with you. We are closer than ever and I can truly say I look forward to time spent with you. You are kind and caring...always taking time to ask me how I am or how my day was. You willing share with me about your day and about your friends. You always show daddy & I total respect and you have earned ours right back. You are a great kid! I am not sitting around waiting for the other shoe to drop with you. I think we have forged a very tight bond and I absolutely treasure that with you. Thanks for being so incredibly awesome! <3>



Supplies used:
Digital Kit: Kerri BradfordStudio, "Because of you"
Cardstock: Bazzill, DCWV (blue circle)
Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye
Stickers: My Mind's Eye
Rub-ons: Basic Grey, American Crafts (@)
Chipboard: SEI
Pen: Inkessentials
Ink: Distress Inks, Tim Holtz for Ranger
Other: Pearls, Queen & Co, AC Moore, Buttons: Chatterbox, Brads, Making Memories
Adhesive: Tombow
Thread: Gutermann
Photo paper: Hewlett Packard
Silhouette SD: my_world_my_everything_sideline_tabs_C00121_19547

3 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wow, Michelle! LOVE your layout! So many fabulous details!

Michelle said...

Love this page Michelle:-) love the way you added the title in a circle...

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is really fabulous Michelle, wow, I'm loving every little detail you've added to this layout, really handsome photo too! So good you got to scrap again!