Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Have a jolly Christmas...Whiff of Joy

Jolly christmas 1

I have had this little guy for a while now. He was my first Whiff of Joy purchase and I love him. I waited to use him until I got that canvas stripe stamp in. Went to my lss and found it in stock this week. I was so excited I started dancing in the aisle. I have so many plans for that stamp.

Anyhow....I started by cutting my shape with my Nestabilities die labels 8 & stamping Henry on it. I then masked him off and used the snowflake cling stamp and stamped it in Versamark, I heat embossed it using white embossing powder and then I used a cotton ball to apply the Ice Blue Colorbok chalk ink. I like the cotton ball rather than foam for the chalk ink. I think it goes on much smoother and I think it goes a lot farther for some reason. Just my preference.

I peeled the mask off Henry and then I colored him with my cool gray Copic (C0). I used my Prismacolor colored pencil in Silver to shade him. I love my colored pencils. I love to shade with them and I seen as I don't own a million colors of Copics this works very well for me. It gives me the best of both worlds. :)

For the bauble I colored it with colored pencil then I used some silver stickles and then some Star Dust (best Stickles color EVER!!!) and while it was still wet I covered the entire bauble with Glossy Accents. It doesn't mix. I just let it dry overnight. I do it all the time. I used to wait for it to dry and got impatient one night and tried it. It worked & I was a happy camper.

Jolly Christmas 2

I then tore a strip of paper, slightly inked the top and attached it, stamped the holly and added a little stickles, tied some bakers twine, stamped my title and attached it all to the canvas background. I inked the canvas background with Fire Brick Distress ink, spritzed it with a little water and then stamped. It made the red just pop. Love it.

I am in a serious Christmas Crafting mood. Are you making anything this year? If so, please share. I am always on the look out for new things. I do a Christmas Craft fair every year and I love to incorporate new things. So if you have seen anything...link me up. I will be sharing my stuff soon.

Have a wonderful Wednesday! :)

Michelle

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Martha Stewart
Stamps: Hero Arts: CL232 Jolly Christmas, CQ220 Falling Snowflakes, S5433 Large Canvas Stripe; Whiff of Joy A140 Henry with Bauble
Ink: Memories, Momenta, Versamark, Colorbok (ice blue)
Embossing powder: Stampendous
Tools: Nestabilities Label 8 die, Ellison Big Shot
Colored Pencils: Prismacolor
Copic Markers
Other: Stickles, Glossy Accent's, Ranger; Bling--Queen and Co., Bakers Twine

2 comments:

Joy said...

How super cute is this card, girl you ROCKED this image, I love it!

Barb said...

Love this, Michelle! The stripes really are perfect for Christmas! Beautiful job coloring the sweet mouse image!