Saturday, May 22, 2010

small tip, big results....


I love this thing we call the World Wide Web. Without it I would not have amazing women to be inspired by and to learn from. This card is the direct result from playing with my Silhouette and applying some of the things I learned in THIS video from the uber talented Nichol Magourik. I had no idea prior to this video that you could change the cut line colors and only cut the ones you wanted. A very cool trick. The part on line colors starts around 6:50 into the video. Watch the whole thing if you haven't though. Very good information in there.

What I basically did was place the flower I wanted over the bracket tent card in my Robo Master software, I resized it to fit the card, then I changed the color of the outer edge of the flower and told the Silhouette not to cut that color, I then cut it, without removing it from the machine I changed my blade to a pen and then had it draw the outside line. I didn't go with that one...as I used the pink pen and wanted to use that for something else instead. So you have options for that outer line. Here I just didn't cut it.

I then stamped my stamp in Versamark and then heat embossed it. I used the resist technique for this to get the tone on tone colors. Easy peasy! :)

Also, if you are not a 2 peas person or have never taken a class over there I urge you to. I have been a member of the 2 peas community since it opened its store about 11.5 years ago. I had just gotten my first computer and given birth to my 3rd son when I discovered it. My first purchase for scrapbook supplies was made there and the only way to pay at the time was by check. My how times have changed! lol Anyhow, it has grown into a massive community and the Education board is probably my favorite addition (other than the inception of the Garden Girls). The classes are FREE, the teachers ROCK and the inspiration and knowledge you get is unlike any other on the WWW. So go take a peek, take a class or just drool over the pages in the gallery. You'll love it....I promise! :)
Products used:

Cardstock: Hero Arts Layering paper (kraft), Bazzill (cream)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Antique Brocade & thanks)
Ink: Ranger Distress inks (Vintage photo)
Silhouette Images: Detailed flower (detailed_flower_1_C100170_24282); Bracket Tent Card (bracket_tent_card_C20090803150930_19414)
other: Ribbon

5 comments:

Nichol Magouirk said...

oh my gosh! michelle! STUNNING card. absolutely beautiful. :)

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow! Love this intricate pattern, and the colors are lovely Michelle!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Thanks for sharing your technique tips and ideas. A lovely card.

Lori Whitlock said...

Very cute way to use my Bracket Tent Card! I just love running into the shapes I designed and seeing the creative things people make!