Sunday, May 2, 2010

NSD creations!

So did you all have a good NSD? I most certainly did!!! While I barely got pictures on a page I did get some cards done....I know...it's not World Card Making Day...but it's playing with scrapbook supplies and to me that's OK! :) I made 3 cards and got a huge jump start on layout I have been planning for a while.

I avoided the computer most of the day and was sooooo proud of myself for that. I know that there were a lot of challenges out there yesterday and it was so hard to stay away but I wouldn't have accomplished anything and I went from having 5 kids to zero kids ...so create I did! :)

Here they are. I will upload the products later...


Just a fun card. I cut the circle background with my Silhouette. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it but I loved the shape. Then as I was popping out the circles that remained I realized what I wanted to do. I had just bought my first set of Copics and I am still practicing with them. I decided to just use them to add small pops of colors and I just added some American Craft thickers to finish it off.


This one was fun. I have had this card in my head since the day Silhouette released these maze shapes. I have more in the works too. They are so fun. It's and actual working maze!. I made it into a shaker card and put a little bead inside. My kids have been playing with it all day!

There's the little bead in the center.


I cut the letters out with my Silhouette too. I colored them with Copics, I highlighted the edges with a black paint pen and then covered them in stickles.
added a sentiment to the inside of it so it doesn't look like just a big green circle. The bottom of the card has a place to write whatever you want.

I struggle with cards for men. I need to send a card out to one of the guys in my life to let him know we are thinking of him at this tough time. I saw a similar card on Hero arts. I have been playing with my supplies and really wanted to use my Tim Holtz inks and Perfect Pearls. I cut the Hero Arts image out with my Silhouette, inked it with Distress inks and then sprayed it with some Perfect Pearls. So very shiny and pretty in person. I stamped the background with Magenta stamps clear embossed them and then created a sunrise with the inks.


Off to go rake leaves :ick: but I am trying to adopt a puppy and I want my yard to look beautiful for her and her foster mom when they come to visit.

Happy Sunday!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany Ervin said...

These are all really darling creations! So fun and lots of colors you played with, so glad you had some time to yourself, I didn't get any scrapping done, maybe sometime in the near future! ;)