Friday, February 26, 2010

for the love of coloring

I love to color. I always have. A brand new box of crayons...or better yet...Prismacolor pencils makes me giddy like a school girl with her first crush! I love them. I love to mix colors, textures, blend....all of it. So when I got laid up last month with my ever worsening back I pulled out my pencils, Hero Arts flower stamps and my Prismacolors and colored for a week and half. It was so fun. Some came out great, some not so good. I have a huge 8.5x11 sheet of Hero Arts layering paper covered in stamped and colored in flowers. Which by the way...if you have not tried this paper...RUN! very quickly to your nearest lss and buy some or order online right at Hero Arts! This stuff is magnificent! It stamps gorgeously and you get very clean, crisp printed digi images on it too. I love this stuff.

So here is my creation of last night. I had so much planned but I ended up watching the woman's figure skating last night and alas didn't conquer what I set out to do.


Supplies used are Hero arts: CG133 Color Me flowers; CL307 mini messages and S5101 Raindrop background.

I used holey magic mesh to create the stems. I cut it into strips and then folded it and glued it to create the stems and I cut leaves out of it too. So fun! :) I used my QK Silhouette to cut out the artisan rectangle and even though you can see it I used the Hero Arts dictionary definition on it before I crumpled it all up. Then topped all with a bow and pearls.

Ok, I have lots to do today. Thanks for stopping by! :) Oh and the new blog background and header are almost complete! Might have to do a give a way to celebrate on that day. Lots of good stuff to come! :)

No comments: