Monday, February 2, 2009

Finding Mojo





My mojo has been gone. I decided to find her and bring her back to me. I went to 2 Peas and the Hero Arts blog and I jumped in and started doing challenges and classes. It has been so much fun. I found that creative part of me that I thought I lost. I have jumped in with both feet again and I am loving every minute of it. I have scrapper's brain right now. Everything I see inspires me to think of it in a way I can incorporate it into my design process.

I love when the juices start to flow. They may not all be in the right places at the moment and may need to be tweaked here and there but it's back and really....what more could I ask for? The card above was for a challenge at hero. I love their challenges. I love the talent in the Flickr group over there. I think I may seek out some new Flickr groups so if you have one you love please leave a comment and let me know! :)

I created 2 layouts this week to. The first one (Little Things) was for a sketch class by the uber talented Kelly Purkey. I loved the simplicity of this sketch. I knew immediately what photos I was going to do. During my lost mojo days I had printed these and put them on my desk. The second I saw the sketch I knew it was a match made in heaven.

The second layout (perspective) was just one of those photos that you hang onto for so long because you love it but you just don't know what to do with it. I finally decided that if I just told the story of the park that week that it would be dull. That little boy sitting there is a firecracker and to not tell his story the way it should be told would be an injustice to the exhuberant little boy he is. I laugh every time I see this photo because I got lucky. I happened to push the button on the camera at the exact right moment. I don't think my finger was off the button before he was flying across the grass chasing that poor sheep (is that right? or is it ewe?).

It made for a great layout and I had so much fun with the colors. I love bright! :)
So that's it in a nutshell.

I am going to be a better blogger this year by posting on this blog more. Which means I will have to create more. I am off to replenish my birthday card stock. It's this weeks challenge at hero. Come and join the fun!

No comments: