Monday, November 10, 2008

The end is near....

I am almost done with her book. Good thing too because baby #2 will be making it's arrival soon. I want her to be able to journal in her album before she gets baby brain again.

This page was a lot of fun! I acutally had been in a rut and turned once again to Becky Flecks sketches. I love Pagemaps. They are a lot of fun to use. I rarely stick exactly to a sketch but this one I just had to.

It's funny, the example is done by Sonja McLean and I had the pictures and the colors with the paper all picked out before I ever saw her page. I wasn't even sure what I was going to do with it. I was sitting in front of the computer sketching this layout and another one when I got the Pagemaps e-mail in my in box. I rarely do a 2 page spread. I couldn't believe my eyes when I scrolled to this layout and sketch. It was quite obvious that I had to use the sketch.

I also incorporated the Stamp Camp technique in this. I have never masked before. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around it but alas, I figured it out...thanks to the video...you can see it here.

It was really fun and I will be doing more masking very soon. Ok, off to do one more page before bed. I have Eight pages left.....Kara.....the end is near! :)

No comments: