Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Kindness Card Drive/Blog Hop








Hello and Happy Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Day!  I know you are shaking your heads and thinking WHAT??? It's Valentines Day. Well you are right it is Valentines Day but it is also CHD Awareness Day.  I have become all too well aware of CHD. I have 2 beautiful nephews who were born with heart defects. They have been through a lot. My sister has been through a lot, (they are doing great now).  It's sad and hard and horrible what these children and their families have to live through. Many don't make it.  Which is why we are having a Card Drive and Blog Hop today.  My friend Amiee's little Girl Katy was one who lost her battle with CHD.  

The Katy M. Murphy Foundation is a nonprofit organization founded by Katy's mom Amiee.  Katy had a congenital heart defect and lost her life at the tender age of 6. Amiee started the Foundation to honor her daughter's memory. 

Today we are kicking off the card drive with a blog hop. We are hoping that all of you will help us by sending in cards to help complete Katy's Kindness Kits.  The kits are for children and their families who are living with a congenital heart defect (CHD) and are inpatients on the cardiac care unit at Boston Children's Hospital. The foundation will be delivering kits to the hospital to help make the children and their families stay at the hospital easier, or kinder if you will.

All the details for the card drive can be found HERE (there is a permanent tab under my blog header that will bring you right to the rules/information page), as well as a list of sponsors who have offered up some phenomenal prizes to be raffled off to those who submit cards. Please read the rules carefully. The card drive will run from February 14th thru April 15th.

Today I am sharing some cards that were really simple to create and that were easy to mass produce. I love to mass produce cards. That way I have a bunch in my stash to send to friends and now I have a bunch with all kinds of different sentiments to send in for the card drive. Let me tell ya though....It's hard to come up with a card when you are following all the talent before me in this hop!  lol

I used some Distress inks (picked raspberry and peacock feathers), THIS stencil from Penny Black, and this 6x6 paper pad by Lawn Fawn.  The flower is an older Hero Arts Stamp, which is still a favorite to this day.  The sentiments are from this Simon Says Stamp set and this one too.




Thank you so much for stopping by. If you got here first you can just click below to Heather's blog and it will start you from the beginning of the hop.  Your next and final stop is to Amiee's blog.

We can't wait to see all the creations that you send in.  Make sure to head to THIS page to read the rules, and to print out your form to send in with your cards so that you will be eligible for prizes!!!  Our sponsors have been so generous!!!

Thank you for stopping by. I really do appreciate it.


Here is the hop list in order:

Heather Ruwe

Jenn Shurkus 

Vera Yates  

Jessica Frost-Ballas  

Kelly Latevola  

Lydia Fiedler 

Kathy Racoosin  

Michelle Liimatainen 

Amiee Murphy




3 comments:

tp designs My Craft Addiction said...

Lovely Cards! This is such a great cause and I would be truly honored to send in cards. : ))

Deeps said...

Your cards are beautiful and you have inspired me to breakout the stencils I hoard..

Migdalia said...

Such beautiful cards. Wonderful cause.