Monday, September 8, 2014

Christmas Cheer--New SSS Stamptember Release

HI! I am really, really excited to be back today with this post. I am sorry it was delayed. The start of school threw me. I have literally been living in my car driving the kids EVERYWHERE. I never even made it to the stamp room until Saturday night to clean it.

Anyhow, I received a SWEET TREAT in the mail a little over a week ago. It was THIS FAB stamp set from Simon Says Stamp!!! I was so excited to play with it. I started playing with the trees immediately and had a few sneaks on Twitter and Instagram:



These are the trees when they were still wet.

An Instagram Sneak that shows all the yummy glittery goodness.  Perfect pearls on the background, Distress Stickles and Wink of Stella. The options for glittery goodness are everywhere these days.

Today I am revealing the entire card:


I started by stamping the trees in Hero Arts black ink, then I took my colored pencils and just kept drawing lines in different colors of green until I got that natural pine look.  It is such an easy way to get dimension and texture while coloring.  After they were colored I covered the entire tree in Rock Candy Stickles. While the Rock Candy was still wet I added Star Dust Stickles (Thank you Kelly Latevola) to the edges to make it look like ice and snow.  The look of these trees are so AMAZING in person.

I also fussy cut the sled....no easy task but with the help of a really sharp xacto knife it made it easier.

The presents were cut from scraps of paper.

The background is Distress Chipped Sapphire and Distress Faded Jeans, with a heavy dose of Perfect Pearls on them.

There are so many wonderful stamps, dies and stencils in the Stamptember release. Make sure you check them all out. :)

Have a great day.
Michelle

Supplies used:




No comments: