Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Simon Says Stamp May Card Kit Creations

I have been a blog slacker....big time! I do have a good reason though. We recently moved. Our new house is a lot bigger than our old one. It needs a lot of decorating...which I will be doing when my new Cameo arrives. It took me forever to get my stamp room complete. It's still needs organization but it's good enough to work in now. I also have another BIG reason.....


Meet Boomer:

He is our new Golden Retriever puppy. Isn't he just adorable? I am in love to say the least. He is now 11 weeks (he's only 7 weeks in the photo). He is the 3rd fur baby in our home. So on top of 5 kids, 3 fur babes and a new home I have had very little time to blog. I have created a TON. Just haven't had a chance to post. My little orange ball of fur loves to attack anything...including the wires to the laptop. He is getting better now and napping on the dog bed next to my desk as I type.

With that said, I have a couple of cards to share that I created with the May Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp. I loved this kit. I had a ton of fun with it. Here is the first card I made for my son who was leaving to go away to a SKILLS competition in his machine shop:

I used the Star Stencil and inked it in Distress inks (Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers and Broken China) I also used similar colors with my Prismacolors to color the title.  I topped it off with some Wink of Stella.

I love that shimmer.
For the second card I decided to create a girl version of the boy card. I used more Distress inks (Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Dried Marigold and Picked Raspberry). I stamped the sneakers on DCWV glitter paper and then cut them out. I added some shading with a Prismacolor pencil and put them on pop dots. The sticker letters came in the kit.

 I love how the glitter paper looks with these sneakers. I them in a few different colors for another card or even a layout. 

That's all from me today. Have a fabulous day! :)

No comments: