Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pink and Gold

Hello everyone. Today I am playing along with Curtain Call. I was so inspired by the photo and I had this gorgeous gold glitter paper that I was dying to use. Also, if you know me, you know that PINK is my all time favorite color. This call was right up my alley.

Here is the inspiration photo:


and here is my card:


I started with my card base, Gesso and a new stencil from Memory Box (LOVE these). I wasn't super careful about how the Gesso went on the stencil as I didn't want it even all the way around.  While the Gesso was still very wet I sprinkled some Gold Glitter onto it. It's the microfine glitter from Martha Stewart.  I let it dry overnight.

I die cut a Sizzix Butterfly ( I think they are Tim Holtz? I could be wrong...i bought them so long ago), the butterflies come with 4 embossing textures but I just wanted the plain butterfly.  I die cut it twice. Once out of DCWV gold glitter paper and a second time out of heavy weight vellum.

I also die cut some My Favorite Things rolled flowers out of regular, cheap, Michael's felt.  The leaves are Taylored Expressions die cuts. I layered it all together.


This picture just doesn't do that butterly justice....but isn't the background texture awesome?!



For inexpensive felt this stuff rolls beautifully. I used a Hero Arts Pearl in the center.
I realized as I was editing the photo that I never put a sentiment on the front....I think that's ok. I went to try and figure out where to put one when I realized I liked it much better the way it was. I get a lot of orders for no front sentiments so I think I will just toss this one into that pile. I don't think every card needs one. What are your thoughts?

I'll be back later with some watercolor cards. I am taking Watercolor for Card makers at Online Card Classes. I absolutely LOVE these classes. Even though I know a lot of the techniques they teach I never fail to learn something new in each and every class!!!! :) I love that.

Til then....

Michelle

Supplies used:
All supplies are linked to Simon Says Stamp




No comments: