Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Art Journal--Let Go

Hello everyone. I am here today to share my very first Art Journal page. I have wanted to jump on this bandwagon for some time now. I have been watching tons of videos and collecting product. It's been a long process. I finally jumped in with both feet.

I started by making my own book. I had seen this video by Shari Carroll and was so intrigued how she had made her own book. She had given me a link to this fabulous video series (this is only the link to the first video...the others will be in the sidebar) and I set off to make my own book. I started with Neenah Solar White Cardstock 80 lb and added small pieces of watercolor paper too.

I watched all of Shari's videos from Simon Says Stamp I also watched almost every one of Vicky Papaioannou's videos. This one got me hooked on watching them and was the one that pushed me to try it. You can also see more of Vicky's work by going to her blog...she is an amazing card maker too.

For my first journal page I wanted to do a quote that I feel deep in my heart at the moment. It's about letting go. Letting go of all those bad things we tend to hang onto.

The base of the page is gesso, distress paints, Faber Castell Gelatos, Distress Stain, Hero Arts Daubers and some white paint.  I used Embossing paste for the clouds and gesso for the diamonds.  I used many different 6x6 papers to cut the balloons from. I just hand drew them and cut them out. 

I used an old set of KI Memories letter stickers for the quote and highlighted them with the white Signo pen.


I also used the white pen to write some of the things I need to learn to let go of.

Overall I am pretty happy with my first page. I really regretted the diamonds after I colored them. I really liked them just white but live and learn.  It was a lot of fun to create and I am working really hard to carve out time for my next one. I already have 5 pages sketched for this book. It's a great way to get your mojo back. You don't really think....just create. I start with a quote and the rest just seems to fall into place.

Thank you for stopping by. I will be posting irregularly for a bit. I am in the midst of trying to re-do my blog so that I am happy with it. I am learning new things daily and it's time consuming. I am hoping to start posting again daily by February.

See you soon.

Michelle





4 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

Love this SO MUCH!!!! Wow. Can't wait to see more journal pages from you. :-)

Vicky said...

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!! So bright and colorful! You go girls!! You are a natural ;)

Barb said...

Wowsers! It's fabulous, Michelle! Way to go on your first Art Journal page! I haven't done one in so long and I really need to - thanks for the inspiration! ♥

Anonymous said...

This is drop dead gorgeous Michelle! WOW! I love the balloons - so creative and so meaningful at the same time. Fabulous project and thank you for sharing! XOXO