Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hello

Hey everyone, I am back today with  a card inspired by the fabulous Kathy Racoosin, the owner and creator of the Daily Marker.  The girl can color. The girl can inspire and the girl is just AMAZING in my book.  I am in awe of her talent.  The lovely ladies over at CASE study must be too because she is this month's Muse. CASE study #157.

 I love this card by Kathy. I love the bold colors but I also loved the muted colors and with that I was inspired to try the Bokeh style stamping that is popping up around the web. It was the perfect opportunity to ink up my new stamp set by Simon Says Stamp too.  I just love THIS set that was released as part of the Stamptember release.  It's called Lots of Dots! Love it!


 To create the Bokeh effect I used lots and lots of Mid-tone inks from Hero Arts and I used lots of the different dots from the Lots of Dots set.  I started by inking up a dot and then stamping it onto scrap paper and then stamping it onto my card. I overlapped and overlapped until almost every inch of the card was covered.  The Bokeh effect is a really soft look on photos. While lots of my stamps were really light I still wanted them more muted so I did what Kathy did and covered it with vellum. It softens it right up and let my Plumbers Aluminum Tape title stand out wonderfully. The Hello is a new die from SSS too.

That's all from me today.  I'll be back tomorrow with some Wplus9 and Hero Arts Goodness. It's a Hero Arts/ Wplus9 mashup week over at A Blog Named Hero. You should check it out. Til then....

Michelle

Supplies Used:

Hello die (not found with inlinkz tool)




1 comment:

Jingle said...

This is super cute! LOVE the silver!