Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Glitz Cashmere Dame

Hi everyone! I am here today with a layout for The Memory Nest. This month we were asked to use Glitz's Cashmere Dame. I admit that I am a "b" side scrapper. I tend to use the back sides of most patterned papers. I loved the front of this paper though. I usually never use just one piece of paper for a background. I tend to layer but I just couldn't bring myself to cut this piece of paper. So that left me in another conundrum...what do I do with this layout?

I am a clean scrapper. I like things to have a place, I like it layered but organized. I also admit that I look at all the layouts that are so popular these days and wonder "why on earth would they use so much product on one page?", "isn't it expensive to put all that product on one page?" and "the focus is no longer on the photos". The last one puzzles me the most because I don't scrapbook for me...ok well yes I do because I love to do it but I scrapbook for my children because I want them to remember their lives.

So I set out to try this type of layout...which is WAY out of my comfort zone, to try to keep the cost of the layout down and still keep the focus on the photos. This is what I came up with:



I created two small groupings. I made almost every flower embellishement with my Silhouette, I cut the title out of scrap paper and then I added some washi, stickers and some other embellishments that I had laying around.

While it's not my style at all...it was so FUN to make. I don't think I could do it on a regular basis but I will definitely play in this sandbox again.

I hope you will stop by The Memory Nest to see what the other girls created. Have a wonderful day!

Michelle

2 comments:

ScrappyGoodness said...

Love your layout! It is truly beautiful. I also think I NEED a silhouette. It is on my wish list for sure.

MS said...

I'm with you on the overload of embellies sometimes. It's totally fun to just play too though! Love what you've done. A memory documented and you had fun! woohoo!