Thursday, May 23, 2013

ABNH and May Arts

Hi! This week the girls over at A Blog Named Hero have teamed up with the wonderful May Arts. May Arts makes wonderful, gorgeous, to-die-for ribbon. I own so much May Arts it almost borders on obscene! lol I love, love, love their ribbons.



When I received this ribbon in the mail I knew instantly what I wanted to do with it. I had purchased a smaller version of this flower ribbon a while back to make headbands for my daughter and to stitch some on her shirt. There is SO MUCH you can do with this flower ribbon. This time though...I chose to cut it apart to make a set of cards.

While I was playing around with my Hero Arts stamps the other night. I saw a card on the back of the stamp set that resembles this first one below. I really liked it and decided I would play with the newer stamps from Stamp Your Story in a similar way. I did this first one to test the waters and it's very similar to the one on the packaging. I evolved it as I went steering away from the larger stamp and incorporating a lot of smaller stamps.



I used my Butter Bar Dauber on this with a little bit of red Smooch Spritz
I used the Tide pool dauber on this May Arts flower and Misted it with Perfect pearls




For this flower I used some Copics, Smootch Spritz in Green, Tide Pool Dauber by Hero Arts and Perfect Pearls.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Please stop by A Blog Named Hero to see what the other girls have created and don't forget to leave a comment there. They are giving away some Fabulous May Arts Ribbon!

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Janis said...

LOVE all the color splotches!! Wild and wonderful.

Karenladd said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the stamped background and that flower!

McStamper said...

Love your cards. The flower makes them perfect.

Dana D. said...

Terrific cards. Love the colors and the splotches.

ThePurplePlace said...

Love seeing your projects and even more excited to see the new daubers!

So happy you are part of this great group!!

I'm such a HERO gal!!

Hugs,
Lisa