Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Birthday Boy-- The Memory Nest Color challange

Hi everyone, I am here today to share a layout that I did for The Memory Nest's color challenge. I admit I am not a color challenge kind of gal but that is what makes it a challenge. I am a huge patterned paper hoarder and I love to use lots of patterned papers on my layouts. I feel like with color challenges it is so hard to find colors that work exactly with a specific paper line...BUT...I figured out that I don't have to adhere exactly to the colors, I can just work in the same color families. That I like! ;) The color board gave me a good starting point and I just let it guide me ever so gently as I chose papers and photos.



I used lots of Jillibean Soup Spotted Owl Soup collection on this layout. I love this paper line. I also used a Becky Fleck Page Map as a guide. (I can't find the sketch online but will link it as soon as I do) When using a PageMaps sketch I usually use it for photo sizes and then just run with the rest from my head.
Silhouette files created the balloon grouping. I freehand the presents added some twine and twisel.

The tittle, stars, envelope and dinosaur where cut using the Silhouette. the birthday cake and hat are some really, really old Doodlebug stickers. I am trying to use my stash up for challenges.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll see ya later this week! :)  Make sure to stop by The Memory Nest blog to check out what the other girls did with this color challenge. Their layouts and cards are FABULOUS!!!

2 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

Love what you did Michelle. I had a fun with this challenge. Hope you enjoyed it too.

MS said...

michelle, you're so talented in so many areas and styles. i love these LO's!