Thursday, November 15, 2012

Take 2- An ABNH Challenge

Hey everyone, today is a new challenge over at A Blog Named Hero. It's a short challenge this time because we have something HUGE planned for the end of November.

This weeks challenge is:

Our challenge was to take an old card and re-make it. I poured through all of my cards, and found many I would like to re-do. I settled on the first one that I ever uploaded to the Hero Arts Flickr pool back in 2008. Here is the original card:

flower miss you card
I look at this card and cringe. While I love the color scheme the rest just makes me laugh. I had no idea what I was doing back then. The card is just unbalanced, your eyes don't know where to go...it's just a disaster.

Here is the card re-done:
I love you heart

For the new card I kept the modern color palette but I changed the wallpaper looking flowers on the bottom and brought it up-to-date with the chevrons. It just breathed new life into the card.

I love you heart 3

I switched the "old" flowers to a more hip heart that has been heat embossed on watercolor paper, colored with Distress ink and then spritzed with Perfect Pearls.

I love you heart 2

For the embellishments I traded in the ric-rack,that cuts the card in half, and switched it over to some black hearts with glossy accents and some pearls and bling instead.


I am much happier with this version than the first. It makes me want to go back and re-do more of my older cards. I am happy to say that I can see how much I have grown over the years as a designer.

So do you have any old cards you would like to re-do? If so than be sure to link them up over at A Blog Named Hero. If you do you could win a wonderful prize from the fabulous Simon Says Stamp!


If you enter please leave me a comment with a link to your card. I would LOVE to see them!

Til next time.
Michelle





1 comment:

MS said...

Now that's a re-do! Fab-U-lous, It's so romantic. Great job!