Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Love Lucy....

Well I'm back. Sorry about that hiatus. This month has been very difficult on very many levels. I have been on an emotional roller coaster, had some health issues and I have had some good changes and some scary ones. More on that later though. Life is somewhat normal again and I have been scrapbooking. I had intended to dedicate this month to things I love but it didn't go that way. This was the first page I had done for that segment.

The layout design is from Page Maps. I love using the Page Map sketches, it takes a lot of the thought process away for me and lets me just enjoy the creating process. My kids will never know if I used a sketch or not...kwim? lol

I love lucy

I combined stamping and scrapbooking and I love being able to add my stamps to my scrapbook pages. It gives me the best of both worlds. I used the new Hero Arts stamps from the new catalog. I love the newsprint heart. I stamped it in brown on red paper and then traced it on a couple of pieces of chipboard, cut them out and then glued it all together to give it depth and definition. I used Making Memories Heidi Rub-ons on them. I tried and tried to cut the "I Love Lucy" logo out in my Silhouette but the font was just too big and didn't work well. The rub-ons worked so much better. I also used Echo Park's "Yours Truly" on the layout for the banners and the chipboard house. The "I heart U" banner, the dog bone and the paw print were cut from my Silhouette and then covered with Martha Stewart Glitter.

Here's a close up of the elements.
I love lucy parts

I'll be back tomorrow with a Christmas layout....I know, I know...i'm delayed!!! :)

Have a Fab one my dear sweet friends!

HUGS!

***having a hard time with my link manager tonight, I think i broke it! ;). I will try to link you up tomorrow.***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS! ♥