Wednesday, November 2, 2011

More Halloween fun....

I have one last Halloween post for the year. Is everyone recovering from their sugar hangovers? I tried so hard to be good but those snickers just call my name!!! They got very few of them this year so I am safe now! ;)

I had guests come over the holiday. My sweet friend Tricia, her beautiful daughter Chelsea (17) and their adorable friend Ben! It was so good to see them! It's been a couple of years. I met Tricia on 2 peas years ago. We became fast friends and I discovered that they come to Salem every Halloween. We were destined to meet! She now has a permanent parking spot at my house every Halloween!! It was so good to see her and catch up...but it was far too short of a visit! I'm hoping to get to Long Island one of these days and visit them.

Chelsea comes in costume every year. She is very creative and this year was no exception. She made the costume herself! I am so impressed!!! Chelsea has been to Salem for Halloween every year since birth, I believe, except for one! Check out this super cool costume...

chelsea
Do you know who she is? She is Bellatrix Lestrange! I love it!!! It worked out awesomely with Trevor's costume....
Trevor
He makes an AWESOME Harry Potter, don't ya think? He got stopped uptown many, many times so people could take a picture with him. I couldn't even get him on the phone because he had to keep putting me on hold so that he could have his picture taken! lol Trevor's friends also went out as character's from Harry Potter and the dad to one of them went as Hagrid! I so wish I could have been uptown to see them. :( (My knee is out. I see the surgeon tomorrow.)

Trevor and Chelsea missed each other during the day but I finally got a picture of them together around 11:00 pm. I love the look Bellatrix is giving Harry!
Trevor and Chelsea
I thought her red eye enhanced it too so I didn't edit it out.

Here is my gorgeous friend Tricia with Chelsea
Trisha and Chelsea

And then we have Faith. She was really hamming it up for the pictures! ;)
faith cutie pirate 1
cutie pirate 2
Faith Cutie Pirate 3
faith cutie pirate 4

She is a Cutie Pirate. We had many meltdowns over this costume this year. First she HAD to have it. I caved, bought it and 10 minutes before she was to go trick or treating she was a puddle of tears, it itched, she hated it, she'll wear it next year, yada, yada, yada. We had a massive blow out over it. I finally put my foot down and told her she HAD to wear it or stay home. Last minute alterations...cut off lace at top, put black t-shirt on, take off fishnet leggings (which I HATED anyhow) and put on black tights. She looked better (in my opinion) and she was finally happy. She headed out to Trick or Treat and then came back, changed into warm clothes and went up town with Ray. A good time was had by all. I only had 2 trick or treaters this year. I stamped the entire night in a peaceful house. YAY!

and lastly....

Faith and I finished our little project. These haunted houses came from the Silhouette Store. They don't have them anymore. I checked to get you the specific name of the file but it's gone. Sorry.

This one is Faith's, she wanted to add more to the background but never got a chance.

faith's haunted house

and here is mine:
My haunted house

I hope you Halloween was WICKED!!!

I am working on some projects that I hope to post soon.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for making it this far...sorry for the looooooong post!







1 comment:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh how super fun, Michelle! The Harry Potter idea is ingenius, I don't believe I saw 1 HP here in Calif...lol! Love it! The pics are great and your Halloween project is so cute!