Saturday, September 17, 2011

warm thoughts plaid clouds

puffy cloud card
First let me apologize for the bad photo. I am having severe camera issues. It's wonky and I can't seem to fix it regardless of my settings.
I did this card TWICE. I wasn't really happy with the first (I slipped on the greeting) so I made another. I did a lot of masking here. I started by stamping the clouds with the Hero Arts Sky's the Limit plaid clouds. Then I drew the lines in for the hills and used some Studio G stamps for the balloon and the house. I colored in the house & balloon and then masked them off with Inkadinkado's masking paper (love this stuff). I also masked the clouds. To use the masking paper you stamp your image on the white side of the paper, trim out the shape and then apply over your stamped image. It's very simple. If you don't have masking paper you can use Post-its or plain paper with a low tack adhesive (any thing that says "repositionable"). I then used Copic Markers and Distress inks to color in the sky and land. I drew in a walkway with a Zic paint pen and then used a Micron pen to draw in the stones. I also drew grass 'weeds' with the Micron pen. A little bit of white pen on the smoke and it's done.

Variations....The card with the PUFFY CLOUDS is a one layer card. I started by masking off the edges with Post-its and then creating it as I described above. The Plaid clouds card was done on a trimmed piece of paper and then adhered to the note card. The puffy clouds started as plaid but I wanted more dimension so I used a VIVA Pearl Pen and let it dry. I really like the effect the pearl pen gives on clouds.

puffy cloud close-up

plaid cloud close up
I inked the edges to make it stand out a bit.

That's it. Plans got squashed for today. Five out of 6 of use woke up sick. Hanging at home and watching an NCIS marathon today. Have a great SATURDAY!!!

1 comment:

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Michelle! Love these cute cards with the adorable hot air balloon and house! Sooooo cute! :-)