Saturday, May 14, 2011

Reject post....

{I hate the word "reject". I must think of a new word for it.}

Today I have 2 cards to share. These were recently turned down by Paper Crafts for the recent call. I have another to share later.
snowglobe

The picture doesn't do it justice. It's so sparkly and pretty in person.

I used my Silhouette to cut the globe shape, Hero arts stars and a snowflake are embossed on the back of the globe, I then covered it with blue glitter. I stamped the Imaginesce polar bear on transparency, then colored him in with Stickles and then pop dotted him onto another stamped image.

I trimmed some Echo Park paper down, mounted and stitched it onto a Hero notecard and then stamped the greeting.

This next one was a lot of fun and again the picture doesn't do it justice. I really need to get the picture taking thing down during the day and not shoot them at night.

Seasons Greetings wreath

I stamped the background with the Hero arts larege fabric pattern stamp with Distress inks in Peeled Paint and Barn Door and the spritzed with Perfect pearls. I then stamped it onto water color paper. I stamped the wreath onto canvas, trimmed in a circle then frayed the edges. I used small strips of canvas to create some tiny rosettes. The poinsettia is a Prima flower spritzed with Sunflower Sparkles Perfect Pearls.

3 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

i LOVE that sparkly snow globe, good gracious! i call mine the "not rights" because they're SO not rejects <3

Tiffany Ervin said...

These are wonderful, sweetie! I use the phrase, "Cards that were not picked up for sub"...sounds a little less harsh! Hope you have a fabby week!

Vianna said...

I think Paper Crafts should HAVE to showcase (in some way) ALL the cards they receive for their calls - there are SOOOO many talented paper artists in the world ... and it seems t o me that the same two or three dozen names get published all the time. I'm about variety, diversity, originality and new techniques - and Paper Crafts Magazine (being now the only big time magazine of its sort in the U.S.) seems to be resting on their laurels lately. There is soo much talent in the paper crafting world - mostly I find it on the blogs - and not enough of it is shared with the creative world at large. Be proud - your art is first class!