Friday, November 5, 2010

Inspired by Nichol Magouirk part 2

So a while back I uploaded some bookmarks that I had "lifted" from Nichol. I had one more to share but wanted to wait until my mom got the card to upload it. I loved THIS card the moment that I laid eyes on it.

Nichol's skill for one layer cards is amazing! I don't know how she does it so well. I remade this card FOUR times before I finally got it right....and then I dripped water on it... let's just not go there...we are ignoring the big drip spot in the corner ok?

thinking of you fall
thinking of you fall 2

I used chalk to ink the sky and ground. I cut some Hero Arts clouds with my Silhouette, lightly attached them and then chalked around them. I love to use chalks and when you have large areas it can be tedious but I love the softness that the chalk gives off. I couldn't get that softness with the cloud stamp and chalk ink...trust me...I tried!

I used my favorite bare tree by Impress Rubber Stamps and used some old tiny leave stamps (LL496) by Hero that I have. I used my Prismacolor pencils to color it all in. I don't have a zillion Copics and I really love the softness you can get with the pencils.

That's it in nutshell. Thank you so much to Nichol. Without you I would have so much less inspiration! You rock girl!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Super sweet card, love how you were inspired by sweet Nichol, love your colouring Michelle.

Linda said...

that's a really beautiful 'version'of Nichol's card. Well done! and...'what drip mark!?' lol