Sunday, August 8, 2010

cute, cute and more cute.....

I'm a slacking blogger again....I do apologize. I had this fantasy in my head that when the kids went on vacation from school that I would stay up late and create every night......HA! I am so tired by the end of the day that I have very little energy or time to create. I was telling Ray the other night that I miss those 7:00 bed times. Now that they are older, they don't go to bed until much later and by then I am just too tired to start creating. I am finding that they are busier during the day and I have found myself, many afternoons, home alone....so that is my new time slot and I have taken FULL advantage of it this past week! =)

I had planned on doing 3 separate blog posts with this but who knows what this week will bring. I have put Faith in "camp" at my lss so I am hoping to free some time to create/blog then but with 4 kids and a puppy....you just never know.

This card is the direct lift from the uber talented Nichol Magourik. I took one look at her cards and just HAD to HAVE these stamps by My Favorite Things. So I set off to find the little girl @ my lss only to find they were sold out of her....I did just order her online directly from My Favorite Things, along with another that I had my eye on for a while. I can't wait for them to get here. I love these stamps and I have learned to really love my Copics because of them.

I have a very hard time shading with markers but I am slowing getting it. I still find colored pencils so much easier to work with...am I the only one?

I am SLOWLY building up my Copic collection. My lss sells them for $5.95 a piece but if you buy 5 you get the 6th free! It works out to be $4.95 a marker and THAT is a GOOD DEAL! Also at my lss for every $200 you spend you get $20 free....this is how I am getting my Copics. I don't even want to tell you how many of those free $20 I have earned this year.....Ray might be reading ;) (hi honey)

So onto the card....I rarely do a direct lift. I usually do and "inspired by" lift this time...not so much. Direct was where I wanted to go....so I did! ;)









Supplies used:

Card: Michael's dollar bin, I just covered it with paper
Cardstock: Hero Arts layering paper
Stamps: Apple for you, My Favorite Things; S5435 graph background, S5215 Clouds, CL377 Be Happy, Hero Arts
Ink: Brilliance, Momenta, Memories
Punch: EK Success (scallop), Fiskars (small holes in scallop)
Other: Buttons and Ribbon
Copics used:


Ok, next up... I made this little boy birthday card. I fell in love with these K & Company stickers and I just had to have them. I am on the look out for more too. I found my at my smaller Target so I'm going to the bigger one this week. I saw them in a recent issue of Scrapbooks Etc.

First up is the waves. I loved the color of the packaging. I thought it was just such a pretty blue and I wanted to use it...so I pulled out my Martha border punch and punched away. I thought this awesome scallop made for great waves. I pop dotted some and left some flat and then stuck the sticker in the middle. Are these dimensional stickers not the cutest you have ever seen?






I loved these stickers so much I decided to create my own. There was no little airplane and I really wanted one so I made one with my Silhouette. Easy Peasy.

Supplies used:

Cardstock: Hero Arts layering Paper (Snow)
Stamps: CL148 Happiness Message, S5215 Clouds
Stickers: K & Co
Silhouette shape: toy_plane_C20090907190615_18443
Punch: Martha Stewart
Other: Packaging from K & Co stickers


Copics used:
Cup came from Target Dollar spot. I got 2 different scenes...I want to find more! sorry for bad picture...it came from my antique iphone and it was in bad lighting.

ok, I'm going to change things and only add these two for now. I have to go play Mario Brothers for Wii with Faith in the cool AC. I am going to post the other in the Hero Arts Flickr Group as it's for the monthly challenge....I know finally a Hero card!

Until later.....

1 comment:

Nichol Magouirk said...

These are both fabulous cards, michelle! Don't you just love those MFT Stamps?!!!! My best advice for the copics is practice, practice, practice! You're doing great!