Sunday, April 18, 2010

Poppies, sketches, baseball and the www


****I apologize for the bad photo. I took this picture at 12:30 a.m and the lighting isn't stellar and my camera's battery was almost gone...but I had to link it by 1:00 (CST). Also, the white portion with dots is the card. It's so much prettier in person***

So I recently was surfing the net and we all know how that goes. You can find some curious things, down right bizarre things and you can stumble upon GOLD MINES! Well I found one of those gold mines the other night.

I wound up at 2 sketches 4 You. A wonderful blog hidden away on the net. They post sketches. Well...I LOVE SKETCHES! I love how they simplify my life. I love how I can use a sketch and have every intention of following the sketch but end up in a completely different direction...a direction I would have never found had I not used the sketch to begin with!

Another reason I love sketches....it's baseball season. Now you are probably going..."what on earth does baseball have to do with sketches?" well I'm here to tell you EVERYTHING! I am a die hard RED SOX fan. I live in the heart of Red Sox Nation and we love our SOX! I also love to scrapbook/stamp/craft. Well it's difficult to do both at the same time. I find I am unproductive if I watch TV and create, unless I am coloring. Ok,so back to my point. My scrap area is right next to the living room, which is where the television set is, I can sit and create and listen to the game. It works perfect and I can jump up to yell at the tv if need be...but with the sketches I don't have to really pay attention to what I am doing. I can follow the sketches AND listen to my baseball games at the same time. It's a match made in my little piece of heaven! :)

So this is my take on the sketch at 2Sketches 4 You tonight. It's also and entry for their DT team. I thought I would give it a shot....I have nothing to lose right? So this is my take on it.

I had colored these poppies in the entire rainbow of colors the other night, made matching bows and pulled coordinated cardstock for each one. They were going to be a simple set for my soon to open Etsy store (stay tuned). But I was searching through my Silhouette images and came across this princess frame. I loved it. I also decided to take it further because the uber talented Tiffany aka PaperGirl mentioned orange and brown tonight and I love those colors but it made me think of a Receese's peanut butter candy bar. I just had a tooth pulled and cant really eat anything and I wanted one so badly that I decided to go with the brown and orange theme tonight too.

So there you have it. My warped little thinking, a craving and a bunch of inspiration from the Wonderful WWW! :) Have a great night! :)



Products used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Silhouette machine image (princess_frames_set_2_c00129_21585)
Stamps: Hero Arts, raindrop background (S5101), Long stem flowers (H5350)
Ink: Versmark, Tim Holz, Memories
Other: ribbon (Maya road?), water color pencils, stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Awwwwww....Michelle, super pretty card! And I love that princess frame with the Silhouette, wow - such amazing detail and it's very unique! So sweet of you to give me a shout out, you're tops! Enjoy the baseball games! ;)

Lin said...

Love all your cards, Michelle, and really enjoyed reading about your process of having created them!