Thursday, March 18, 2010

lil bit of spring and a whole lotta talkin'


It's a beautiful spring day here in New England. I woke to birds chirping and really there is no better way to start the day....ok, yes, to the sound of the ocean but that's 2 blocks away and I am sure that my friends over there wouldn't be happy to find me there in the morning all spring/summer long....so we'll have to settle for the birds chirping! ;)

I made these 2 cuties for the Card for Kids drive that Jen McGuire (super card/scrap extraordinaire and a beautiful angel in human form)is doing. I have a stack that just need to be glued together in all kinds of themes. My goal is to finish that this weekend and get them in the mail. I have been a total slacker and these kids deserve more than that. So the fire is lit and I am creating for them this week.

On top of that I have decided that since I started making cards a year ago I have done very little in the way of scrapbooking. Scrapping has always been my first love and it's taken a backseat to cards. Well I have decided to dust off that 12x12 cardstock and put it to good use. I had cut back because my camera broke last June. It doesn't work quite the way it should since Ray (dh) and Brycen (ds) got caught in a huge rainstorm with it in DC. Funds being what they are in this pitiful car economy I haven't been able to go buy the camera of my dreams (Nikon D40) so....I have dusted of the busted camera and I am making a point to take a picture every day....well lots... because let's face it, it's just not that great on one shots these days ;) and with them I will scrap!

I have had a layout in my head for a while but wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it.....then I saw THIS layout by the fantastic Nichol Magourik and well....it all just fell into place inside my head. Now the trick here is to get it to look like that on a piece or two of 12x12 paper....not an easy feat I tell you! But I am determined to "make it work" (that's Tim Gunn inside my head). So work I will.

Have you been stuck on the card scene and forgot about the scrap scene? If so, join me....we can have a friendly challenge! C'mon....it'll be fun! :)

2 comments:

Brandy Lees said...

Super cute spring cards!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

These are such delightful and fun cards Michelle! So whimsical! The kids will love them!