Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fun with Tim Holtz Marker Spritzer

Hey, hey, hey! I am missing days again. Sorry. If my life would calm for 2 seconds I could be a really good blog poster! LOL I have enough cards to get me through....just no time to post!

Anyhow, I went to my AWESOME lss Absolutely Everything the other day and I had a $40 credit to spend. You get 10% back on your purchases after every 6 or 8 purchases (I forget which). I was so excited that I decided to finally splurge on the Distress Markers. I have wanted them since they came out but there was always some stamp set more pressing to buy.

So while I was there I decided to give the Marker Spritzer a try....Oh....MY....GAWD!!!! How did I not get this thing before? It's incredible and I am in total love.

I am trying to get through my box of "never used" products. I have a box that I throw new product into. It's overflowing and I must get through it. All stamps deserve inky love right? Well I agree so I pulled out and older stamp from Simon Says Stamp and a brand new stencil from them. Here is the results:


It looks like I did so much work and honestly it is one of the fastest cards I have ever made!  I started by laying the stencil on some Neenah Solar White paper and taping it down.  I then went to town misting it with Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean....I fell in love. That spritzer is just COOL!  I couldn't stop playing with it so I took a piece of watercolor paper and masked off the clouds then spritzed on Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire. Only I wasn't getting the look I wanted so I misted it with water and took a water color brush to it and VOILA! the perfect sky!

I  stamped the ship on the watercolor paper and on Neenah and cut the Neenah one out. I then cut the wave paper in half and mounted it on pop dots. I stamped the sentiment and then punched it out using a square punch. attached with a safety pin and called it a day.

So so easy and I am just in love with this card.

Have you used the Spritzer yet? If so I would love to see the creations you made.


Supplies used:




No comments: