Thursday, November 20, 2014

No Sew Advent Calendar--Tombow Finalist Entry

Hello everyone! As you know just a few short weeks ago I was announced as one of the top 10 Finalists in the Design Team call from Tombow.



I was so excited and I knew instantly what I wanted to do when they told us what product we had to use. We had to use the new Tombow Xtreme Adhesive!
Let me tell you this adhesive is AMAZING. It works on all kinds of material from paper to metal to plastic, wood, felt, burlap, canvas and everything else in between. I used everything just to show how well it holds all these different mediums. It rolls brilliantly on felt too. ;)

THIS is what I made with just 2 rolls of it: a Canvas NO SEW Advent Calendar.


 Yes, you read that right...NO SEW. I used nothing but the Tombow Xtreme Adhesive and a teensy tiny bit of the Mono Aqua adhesive (on the tiny script letters only). I decided it was GO BIG or GO HOME.  I went all in on this. It took me close to 2 weeks to make but I am thrilled with the results.

My daughter and I are advent calendar addicts. I try to make at least one every year. I am hoping to have quite a collection by the time I have grandchildren. ;)

Here is a video to show you the process. Please note, I did this video a little different. It was too big to video tape as I created it so I took pictures and wrote the instructions throughout the video. I hope it is easy for you to understand.






All products that I could get links to  are linked at the bottom of this post and on the YouTube channel where the video is posted. Please note though...I used a lot of older Christmas product I had been hoarding for years.  Some was recently purchased at Michael's too. If you have a question about a particular product just ask and I will let you know where it came from.

Thank you to Tombow for considering my application. I had an absolute blast during the application process. Your products ROCK!!!!

Until next time....
Michelle


Supplies used:



6 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Another awesome project, Michelle! I love that you used just adhesive on this project...it's GENIUS (especially since I can't sew a straight line)! Thank you so much for taking the time to create a video for us...I really enjoyed it!!!

I hope you're starting to feel better ♥

judkajudi said...

Incredible!! This is a winner!

Sarah Wilks said...

Hi Michelle,

What a beautiful Advent calendar, I hope it wins you a place on the design team, by the looks of it you have a lot of talent to contribute to it.

Big crafty hugs,
Sarah xx

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Judy!!!! I sure hope so! :)

Carisa said...

Your advent calendar turned out beautiful! I'm in awe that there is absolutely no sewing - now that is MY kind of project! Best of luck in the final round!

Anonymous said...

Michelle this is so awesome!!! Looks like a lot of work but it paid off! Great job and good luck in the final round. :)