Monday, October 6, 2014

Getting to know me....

Hi Everyone! I was tagged by my sweet friend Cris and was asked to participate in the "Getting to know you blog hop"

What am I working on now--


I am working on a few things right now. Home Decor for our new home and Halloween Decor for my front porch, A Scrapbook album for my friends new baby and I am always working on cards and my own children's scrapbook albums. I complete one project and move to the next. I could do Home Decor, a card and a layout all in one day...although RARELY. I'm super SLOW.

How does my work differ from others in my genre?

This is a tough one. I tend to not compare my work or others for that matter. I just do what feels right for the specific project I am working on. I am all over the board here.

Why do I create what I do?
I love paper, stamps, crafts. I do it as a way to de-stress and bring myself joy. I love what I do.

How does my creative process work?
Sometimes it starts with a sketch, sometimes I am inspired by something I see, a lot of times it hits me either late at night when I am trying to sleep or in the shower the next morning. I have actually sketched layouts out in shaving cream on my shower walls so I wouldn't forget it by the time I got out.

I tend to my absolute BEST work when I am under pressure though. It seems like my mind is sharper, quicker and more creative when I have the least amount of time. It works for me though.

I now nominate Zoey Scarpelli of Scrapasaurus. She is a DOLL! Her post will be up soon so make sure you check her and all her talent out.

No comments: