Friday, September 12, 2014

A Friday Hello

Yay!!! It's Friday!!!  I have 2 days of LESS running around to do. I might actually be able so sleep in or stamp!  I live for the weekends when the kids are in school. How about you?

Today I decided to play along with my 2 favorite blogs....Simon Says Stamp and A Blog Named Hero.  I am not very good at combining challenges. I usually never combine them but this week it was just so easy to do that I thought "why not?"

The girls over at A Blog Named Hero have this challenge going on:

The challenge? Use letter stamps for something other than a title. ;)

And Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge is to "Create your own background"

Here is my card:


I used the journal alphabet letters from Hero Arts. I arranged them on an acrylic block going every which way. I then inked them up in Colorbox Frost White ink (just for visibility purposes) and heat embossed them with Ranger's Silver Super Fine Detail Embossing powder.  I turned the stamp a few times until it covered the paper. I found embossing right away works best too. The white pigment ink dries pretty fast and didn't allow me to emboss it all at once.

Here is a closer look:



I used the Simon Says Stamp Feather die and Small Hello. I cut the large feather out of this really cool silver paper I found in my scraps and the smaller one out of some Studio Calico papers.  I mounted both on black cardstock. I die cut the Hello out of Simon Says Stamp Red Lipstick cardstock and then out of black.

To finish is off I wrapped some twine around the bottom of the feathers.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have an awesome weekend.

Michelle

Supplies used:




3 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

The feather is super, super cool! I love the paper you used!

Caryn said...

What a great effect - the background is awesome.

Thanks joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Michelle Lupton said...

I adore this, Michelle!! Thanks for playing with us at ABNH ;)