Eek...it's SATURDAY!!! That means Halloween weekend here in Salem, MA is going to kick off. We will be confined to our fair city for the duration. There is no pulling the cars out of the driveway to go anywhere but the grocery store. Mayhem will ensue quickly. There are an expect 250,000 people expected between Friday and Monday. Craziness I know!
Today I am going to share a rather "creepy" shirt I made for the boys this year. I know I said I was going to post mine and Faith's projects today but as life with kids goes...it didn't get finished. I made home made donuts for the kids all day and Faith and my husband spent the day putting together Faith's loft bed that we bought almost a year ago for her but couldn't figure how to get it up the stairs. We had to cut it in half, drill holes, put in metal rods and then plates to hold it together. Crazy, but her room looks awesome now and she has almost the entire floor for play.
Onto today's project. Here's my handsome boy Trevor modeling today's project.....
I loved these skulls that Lori Whitlock has done for a fill pattern in the Silhouette Store. My boys are really into skulls on their shirts. There are so many out there already but I have wanted to play with these ones since I bought them. The idea of these is that you use them as a fill pattern on an image. I just wanted one skull. I created a rectangle shape in my Silhouette Studio, clicked fill pattern and then chose the skull pattern. I enlarged the rectangle to fill an entire 8.5x11 piece of paper and kept going so that the edge of the pattern was way off my rectangle. I think by the time I was done enlarging my shape there were only 2 useable skulls on it. I then printed it on regular paper. I then scanned that image back into my computer and into Photoshop Elements. I used the magnetic lasso tool to cut it out of my "paper" and then made a PNG file with it. I printed it on a Hanes iron on transfer and cut it out by hand.
The diamond shapes came from Lori Whitlock too. I believe it's her 3 circles shape. I loved the abstract diamond (not sure what you call it) I resized them and just kept duplicating them until I had a strip long enough, I then grouped it & duplicated it. The stars and the fleur de lis are Lori's too. I am not sure who the spatter is by. I can tell you though...it was a nightmare to try and get all those holes out of it once I cut it out of the red iron on material. I only did it for the first one the 2nd one I got smart and printed it on Hanes T-shirt maker transfers. I do love the look in person of the Silhouette iron on transfer material but it was just so much work to get all those holes out.
I laid it all out in the Silhouette software first to make sure I liked the design. I had Brycen give me some input and when we had it where we liked it I then began to cut it all out. I laid it out on the t-shirt to make sure I liked the position of everything and then began to iron it all on in separate layers. It took a bit of time but I think it was worth it. The both were really happy with the end result.
Well that's it for today. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.