Monday, August 16, 2010

some Hero Arts and KI memories LOVE

I wanted to make something else for the challenge on the Hero Arts blog this month. I really love the themes for this month "Keeping in touch, back to school and stationary",such fun stuff to work with.

Every year I make the kids back-to-school cards to start their year off right and to let them know that I am thinking of them. This year my youngest son Trevor decided to go to the middle school for 6th grade (with a LOT of input from us ;) ). Change is always hard....but I told him you never know until you try.

So while I was thinking how I wanted this card to look I started looking through my supplies to see what I wanted to use and I found a package of unopened cards by Reminisce. I cannot tell you how excited I was when I opened them and realized they weren't just blank journaling cards with images but they were journaling cards with images and words of wisdom, quotes from songs, quotes from people and so much more! I almost jumped up and down for joy...except my back back prevented that so I just let my heart explode with happiness....yes, scrappy supplies can do that to me. :0

Ok, so onto the card. I wanted it to have a real school feel to it. I love KI Memories....they have been one of my all-time favorite companies since the beginning. I am a terrible hoarder of their stuff though. I find it most difficult to cut the papers. I love them all. I got 2 sets of the "School Days" line for Christmas a few years back so I relented and cut some up for a card.
you are amazing
I used my Silhouette machine to cut the library pocket and card inside it. I assembled it & then stamped it with the Grid Background from Hero. I wanted the back of the pocket to have the same pattern as the front of the pocket. I took some KI paper and placed it over the main library card and then attached my quote to it. I used a KI chipboard piece to use as a pull. I covered all the chipboard pieces with glossy accents to give them a little more POW! I then used a 7 gypsies label and stamped my title on it with Stazon. I attached the chipboard pieces after they were dried and I stamped the green card with the Raindrop Background. It was a very simple card. I will write him smalll letter and tuck it into his back pack....he saves them. I found last years card inside one of his all time favorite books when I was cleaning last week! ;)

amazing 2
amazing inside pocket
amazing 3

7 comments:

Barb said...

What a neat card for your son, Michelle! I love the pocket, cute details and bright colors! That saying is so perfect for him since he'll be attending a new school! Love it!

Sarah J Moerman said...

This is FABULOUS! Love all the bright colors paired with the kraft! Great embellishing too!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is so darling and festive looking Michelle, LOVE IT! So many colors and patterns to inhale, super job!

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh my! This is way too cute!!!

Michelle said...

Such a cute design! Love the glossy accented chipboard too.. a great touch:-)

pcm said...

what a lucky boy to have such a great mom!

Unknown said...

I'm actually in tears. I love Einsteins quote. I wish my kids would not have such a fit when I try to help them with their school work. Or have a fit when they miss one question out of 40.